Follow me as I meditate on the word of God.
Share how God's word has changed your life.

5/29/13

NO LONGER BLIND! – (2)


John said: “In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.”  John 1:4

Jesus said: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

There’s a lot I don’t know about the Bible.  Writing this blog has only highlighted that.  Most of us are afraid to admit what we don’t know.  In fact, we’re taught that attitude in school: we study for a test and then we get slammed on what we DON’T know!

That’s an unfortunate attitude, because we GROW by what we DON’T KNOW. 

When I entered college, the first thing they taught us was this: When you leave here you won’t know all the answers; you will know the QUESTIONS.

So, join me in celebrating what we don’t know.  We’re not going to stay there.  God doesn’t WANT us to remain ignorant of who He is, what He does, or how He wants us to live.  He’s on the side of knowledge and growth.  But we get there by NOT knowing and by asking the questions.

In the last devotion I asked the question:

Why does Jesus compare himself to Light? 

The question led to a new understanding:

Jesus cures our blindness 
of the spiritual world.

My next question is:

Why do both John and Jesus see a relationship
between LIFE and LIGHT?

Join me next time as I look for the answer.  Seriously, I don’t know!  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment